I haven’t entered a giveaway posting in a long long time and this one I could not pass up.
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? I think this one is obvious if you’ve read the blog for the past year and half. That my husband lands this prospect that we’ve been waiting on for so long. Everything seems to be falling in place and now it’s just a matter of holding our breath, say a prayer and wait. I wouldn’t ask for anything else this Christmas.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition? Christmas morning it’s all about waking up at the cracking of dawn and diving into presents. Santa doesn’t write the names on the boys presents but randomly chooses an assigned number for each kid so they don’t know who’s present is who until they’ve gotten the green light from me to check their stocking for the designated present number which is usually labeled on the gift in the stocking. It works like a charm. Each kid takes turns opening a gift one at a time so it’s not a present open frenzy.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Mmm decadent… I’d love a full spa treatment and hairdo.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? I try to find things to make crafty ornaments from things around the house and stuff I already have. I’ve made decorative trees from magazines, ornaments from light bulbs and puzzle pieces. I love my little ornaments and usually never have to spend a dime.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? We played monopoly and uno or just whatever game we had around the house. My fave was Trivial Pursuit
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? I’d say we’ve kind of just done a mish mash of stuff and nothing really specific I can think of. The hubs and I have had the great Santa debate since we were married. My Santa never wrapped his presents but his did. Needless to say we’ve gone back and forth but our new tradition has won me over.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip? Hello Disney? Our schedule is wide open for Chrstimas.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? We would love the XBox360 Kinect, a boy of ours would love Pokemon Heart and Gold Soul Silver for DS, and another boy of ours would love the Micheal Jackson Experience for the wii.
Thank you Gamestop this house of boys our huge fans!