Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! It was such a warm fuzzy feeling that you guys still stick around for my blabbering rambles. On that note, it wouldn’t be a bloggy birthday without a random meme.
1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
I do have a thing for numbers when it comes to addresses, it has to be a “flowie” number, evens are preferred but if it’s a series of prime numbers in an address I’m ok with it… like 14711, but even is best for me. Some addresses I’ve had- 4622 (loved the even), 1721 (not so much) . I see or hear peoples addresses and think, I could/n’t live in that house just because of the address. I know, issues I have them.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being “not at all” and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
I’m probably a 3. I have very little vanity and what little I have, probably doesn’t count for much. I’m a wall flower type of girl that just wants to blend in with the crowd and be noticed as little as possible. When people notice me, I wonder how and why. Unless I’ve had a few adult beverages in my system and I’m totally comfortable with the people I’m around than all bets are off.
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
Inquisitive for sure. I mentioned out loud in the elevator to the mail room guy, that I thought it would be fascinating to see how the whole mail process works. He just shook his head and nodded, and it made for an awkward rest of the ride up on the elevator ( for some reason I couldn’t think of the word ‘elevator’ and kept typing ‘envelope’ and was thinking that’s not right..welcome to my brain..yes I had to share)
4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
Depending on what kind of luck you mean. I’m not too lucky at the casino but can stay long enough to just keep playing for hours but never win anything to write home about. Lucky in life, I’d say I’m blessed but don’t really think of it as lucky.
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you’ve written? Mmmm… maybe I should dig up some of my favorite titles… if you haven’t noticed I’m all about the catchy title and not so much on the actual content. Oops I just gave away the secret to my blog success…maybe not. Wait for the post on that cause yeah, I’m totally doing that. Thursday 13?!
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
Wait 5 Minutes (which I totally stole the answer from someone else but since I’m a total stalker on their blog it doesn’t matter) the best answer ever!
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
I’m pretty naive unless you’re talking about those calling in to say their making their “library payments” late because they hit a deer on the way to the post office to make the payment (true story).
8. How “green” are you, environmentally speaking?
I could do better.
9. What is your favorite song this week?
I have to say hearing my 5 year old hum the National Anthem (does one capitalize that, cause it’s not the actual title of the song?) he does it beautifully and far better than most adults. Yes, I’m a proud American momma.
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
If my hands are not full and I’m just standing around, I’ll pick up any denomination and check the date of the coin. If it’s a good year like my birth year, or kids birth year than I keep it and think of it as a little blessing..in a weird way. Just a few weeks ago I found a penny from the year I graduated, which I thought was pretty cool. It doesn’t take much to amuse me..in case you didn’t notice. BTW I just have to randomly mention this…. I get to play Bunco with some old high school friends on Friday and I’m beyond stoked! Amusement I have it!
11. Complete the sentence: “Every time I look outside my window ….”
I see the little red bird feeder and the dead looking flower bed that will hopefully have lots of yellow daffodils and some other yellow flowers that I can’t think of the name of very soon. I also hope I don’t kill them. My mom has had this yard full of flowers for years and I hope I don’t disappoint the neighborhood. No pressure or anything.
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out. The Star Wars theme song. Something tells me it was some predestined.