1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher. Mrs. U was my second grade teacher and I will certainly never forget her. She just always had a way of making you(me) feel extra special. It was actually her first year of teaching(might have been first year teaching at our school), so I’m sure that we were her guinea pigs. She would randomly give you a prize(usually books) if you were caught doing something good.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life. Oh well, funny you should ask…. I have a couple but I’m thinking that the very present situation I’m living in has become pretty pivotal, what with both the hubs and I not working. We both certainly got the rug pulled out from under us this summer after us both giving up everything (our very very stable jobs) and moving to North Dallas as the hubs had the opportunity of a lifetime to work for what we thought was an awesome company, which allowed me the privilege to stay home with the boys. We were living the good life only to get the shock of a life time; after only a year of the hubs working for the company, they let him go. Needless to say, we ditched Texas to be back in OK with our friends and family since work was what brought us to Texas in the first place. We have certainly eaten our share of humble pie the last few months. I’m also pretty sure things happen for a reason and things are sometimes just meant to be. Hey you asked! You didn’t think that would be a quick answer did ya?
3. About favorite colors–a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke? I’ve always loved purple a deep royal purple. I’m not even sure why. I don’t even think it’s because that’s the kind of color girlie girls like. (gag) Maybe it has to do with the thought of royalty behind it. I just really don’t know.
4. What’s a sure sign that you’re getting older? Uhm… that my idea of a thrilling Friday night is getting my pj’s early and watching a late movie.
5. Please don’t sermonize, but Halloween–is it a yes or no for you? I say Heck Yes why not? Who doesn’t like to dress up as someone else and get free candy?
6. What’s your favorite musical? Hands down Sound of Music!
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse? What about in between? I love where I live as it’s close enough to the stores I frequently shop and the places I normally eat, and it’s only about a 10 minute drive, yet I’m in the country where ALL the pretty trees are and everybody’s house is not a cookie cutter house that sits right on top of each other. Been there done that.
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It’s true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, “Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn.”
I probably would think it’s sweet and it would be something I could see my hubs doing, but I’d probably still feel like it’s kind of cheesy at the same time.
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn’t.
I’m not much of a texter..at all but tweeting/facebooking… I really can’t think of anything too crazy.
10. “It’s not a party unless _______.”
there’s boos…no wait not really. Some kind of awesome dip with lots of things to dip with and actual people, cause yeah that’s kind of necessary.
11. When you’re stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available. If I’m in a waiting room 9/10 I’m digging through my purse. Probably pretending it’s Mary Poppins carpet bag and something magical is going to pop out, though knowing good and well it’s going to always be the same crap in there as usual.
12. If you weren’t yourself, would you be friends with you? I’m thinking yes..because gosh dang we’d have so much in common!