2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you’re not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
Wow like when we first met? Alls I know is I sat next to some strange dude in the college computer lab, he struck up some vague random conversation (I’m going to guess it had to do with what’s your major, or why are you at the school library on Spring break kind of conversation.) with me and somehow weaseled me into e-mailing him. E-mail was the hip new thing, all the cool kids were doing it. For some crazy reason I did and a year later we married.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian? I think I actually could if I really tried but not like a strict totally no animal kind of vegan. I have to my cheese and dairy no question. I actually prefer the sides and casseroles at Thanksgiving over the turkey/ham. I’ve never been a big steak person, but do get an occasional craving for bbq ribs. It would be tough but I think I could manage after a certain amount of time.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume? I’ve put bandannas on my dogs but not really actually put them in some kind of costume.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people’s heads with your fist and “It’s the Great Pumpkin” airing only once a year).
I miss swinging on the swings probably the most. I was thinking other certain toys but I’m thinking not really. I admit if there’s no other kids on the playground at the park, I’m all over grabbing a swing and just going for it. It’s exhilarating really.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
Sadly I have not. I wasn’t big into sports until I played tennis in high school. I was mainly in dance all my childhood instead of soccer. We didn’t get trophies in dance. Sniff. I feel I deserve a trophy for something…what I’m not sure yet.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year? I’m not afraid to break it out the day after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas music and will play it all season long. Once January has begun than it’s time to give it a rest. I will say that I have Christmas music on my MP3 player and once in a blue moon in July, if a good one comes on I’ll crank it up and jam.
8. What’s your favorite board game? I love Trivia type games like Trivial Pursuit. I also like Apple to Apples even though I’ve only played the kid version. I’m sure the adult version is really fun. I haven’t played any adult board games in forever though. Chutes and Ladders anyone?
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I’m not good with surprises even though I’d love for someone to be able to pull off a total surprise party with me having absolutely no idea. Once I have a whiff of something out of the ordinary going on, I have to know or find out. I’m the same way with gifts. If you have a gift for me you better wait until the very last millisecond to give it to me because I will try to snoop and figure it out. I’ve gotten better though…sorta.
10. Is it easy for you to say, “I’m sorry?”
It’s actually probably too easy and I probably say it when it’s not really my fault. If I can smooth over any kind of uncomfortable situation with I’m sorry, I will. I actually heard Drew Carey mention that he used to say I’m Sorry all the time and someone told him that it was sign of low self esteem and he’s tried to only say it when it was really something he truly was sorry about and necessary. I found that really interesting.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
I like a clean fresh laundry/cotton kind of scent. I do like a cinnamon Christmas kind of scent around the holidays too. I’m not really big on lighting candles though.
12. October is traditionally “open house” time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you? I’d probably just serve some veggie and fruit trays with different kind of dips. Maybe some queso and chips too. I’d probably show off my crafty projects of my kids Halloween costume and my nifty pumpkins I’ve carved.