I’ve been running around like a headless chicken trying to get this that and the other done so I’m a bit tardy on this one. Aw well!
Time for another random dozen meme!
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself? Not very often ever, even more so now. Even before “Life Change ’09” I was never a big splurger. My only destination through out the weeks are to the grocery store. Splurging means going for the name brand of Spaghetti O’s over the off brand. When I recently won a gift card to Sears, it was so hard for me to actually buy things for myself. Yes I felt soo guilty that I spent every penny on me..but I really did NEED the items I purchased, so I got over myself real quick.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
Now that’s a good question, and you just had to add “creative” in the mix to make it more challenging. I would have to say earlier this summer when the kids (and I) did our sock puppet theatre of the three little pigs. We took a week to make our little set, and sock puppets and the whole 9 yards. The kids had a blast and I videoed it. You want to see the video? I’m really to lazy right now to link it. You can check on my WW A to Z page at the top and go to P for Pig or something like that.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right? I’d say just right with a smidge of too big but that’s only because of the cleaning part.
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore? I do actually like trimming bushes or I should say did, since we don’t have bushes anymore. Something about using my little cordless trimmer and going at it, is so invigorating. Why do I suddenly feel oogy after responding to that answer?
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not? Would it still involve the awful smell and taste and all that? (Not that I would know anything about taste because these lips have never even puckered up to even try a puff) I’m going to say NO I wouldn’t.
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride? Both actually. I’m all about driving some, as long as I get my fair share of riding in too.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
I’m trying to figure out the wording of the question, like a minimal task or goal or something fun to do? I’ll take fun to do Alex for $500. What is removing house for rent signs that aren’t mine, is as about as exciting as it gets around here?
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie “Duplicity” with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So … how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
A movie about 30 minutes, if I paid way to much at the movie theatre, I probably would
suffer stay through it. A book, I try to give it 10 chapters (depending on how thick the book is) some books do take awhile to get through that initial hump, I hate that really. I’m currently reading Love In The Time of Cholera and the first chapter is literally a good 60 pages. I hate hate hate stopping in the middle of a chapter, yet 60 pages I can’t do in one sitting. Needless to say, I’m struggling through it, and no I have yet to make it to chapter 2 in a weeks time. It’s driving me bonkers.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it’s not cool or it’s racy or because it’s by Hall and Oates? I have to admit I like me some Eminem but I have to really be in the mood for it. I could go on for days on my odd song choices but I’ve done those mp3 shuffle roulette memes before and I’m pretty sure I ran off 5 of the 10 people that read this blog.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you? If you were to ask me this a few weeks ago I’d confidentially say a 2, I’m as spontaneous as a sloth on caffeine. Now I can proudly say I’m easily now a good 5. Refer to question 7 for clarity.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob? Not really
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? I’d say my procrastination demons.. though I think I’ll try harder later.